Join Fellow Pickleball Friends & Discover the "Father Rhine"
Come On Board The New Amadeus Cara
Classical Rhine River Cruise | Basel to Amsterdam
September 16 – September 23, 2021
Join Connection To Cruise owners George & Marlys Aballi with Pickleball hosts Paul & Janice Ortiz & Jeff and Autumn Willinger on an 8 day Exclusive river cruise from BASEL, Switzerland to AMSTERDAM, Netherlands aboard the beautiful new Amadeus River Cruises, AMADEUS Cara.
Discover the many beautiful facets of 'Father Rhine' and play Pickleball, during this week-long cruise along one of the most important and attractive rivers of Europe. Delight in the panoramas including wine-lands, and the highest density of castles in the world. (909) 798-9133
**$150.00 PER PERSON DISCOUNT:
Reserve your spot & place your deposit with Connection To Cruise by June 4, 2021 and receive $150 PER PERSON DISCOUNT off our exclusive group rates (restrictions apply)and we will automatically include the "Carefree Protection Plan" which allows you to make a change to your cruise date for any reason up to 28 days before departure. ASK FOR DETAILS!
For Reservations contact:
Connection To Cruise : 888 -798-9133
Paul & Janice Ortiz
Jeff & Autumn Willinger
George & Marlys Aballi
Day 1 Basel Embarkation from 4:00 pm:
Welcome Cocktail and Welcome Dinner with Paul, Janice Ortiz & friends in the evening.
Day 2 Strasbourg - 9:00am to 11:00pm: Optional Excursion available for purchase City tour of Strasbourg in the morning “Alsace & Wine” excursion in the afternoon.
Day 3 Speyer - 7:00am to 12:00pm: Optional Excursion Speyer walking tour in the morning. Mannheim - 2:00pm to 1:00am: Available for purchase Optional Excursion to Heidelberg (by bus from/to Mannheim)
Day 4 Rüdesheim - 7:00am to 12:00pm: Optional Excursion available for Purchase Rüdesheim walking tour with Music Museum. Scenic cruising through the Upper Middle Rhine valley. Koblenz - 2:30pm to 6:00am: Optional Excursion available for purchase Koblenz walking tour in the afternoon.
Day 5 Koblenz to Cochem - Scenic cruising on the Moselle - Cochem - 1:30pm 6:00pm: Optional Excursion available for purchase Afternoon Cochem walking tour with wine tasting
Day 6 Cologne - 7:00am to 2:30pm: Optional Excustion available for purchase Cologne walking tour in the morning. Captain's Gala Dinner
Day 7 Hoorn - 1:00pm to 1:30pm: Optional Excursion available for purchase North Holland excursion and City tour of Amsterdam with canal trip (by bus from Hoorn - to Amsterdam). Ship arrives Amsterdam at 5:30pm with leisure time to rejoin the ship
*Pickleball play is planned. Transportation from Hoorn to courts and transportation back to rejoin the ship is not included.
Day 8 Amsterdam Disembarkation after breakfast.
**Excursions (above) marked in bold are not included in the cruise rate and are given as examples of sightseeing options available to pre-purchase at discounted rates and are listed at the bottom of this page.
** Pickleball Play in Amsterdam
** Pickleball fun & instruction by Paul Ortiz on the ship
- Roundtrip transfer from the ship to the pickleball courts (Hoorn to Amsterdam)
- Classroom Pickleball instruction
- Tour & Guide for a walk to the Cathedral in Cologne
- Pickleball Fun - Play with local Pickleball players in Amsterdam
Stateroom Categories and Prices:
Category C1 - Hayden deck with smaller windows (cannot be opened): $2975.00 per person double occupancy
Category B4 - Strauss deck with drop down panoramic windows: 'SOLD OUT' $3414.00.00 per person double occupancy
Category B1 - Strauss deck with drop down panoramic windows: $3692.00 per person double occupancy
Category A1 - Mozart deck with drop down panoramic windows: $4038.00 per person double occupancy
Category Mozart Suite - 284 sq.ft with comfortable corner sofa, luxurious bathroom and walk out exterior balcony: $4650.00 per person double occupancy
- Book & deposit by August 30, 2020 and receive up to $300 per person EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNT off rates above. (Categories B1, A1 and Mozart Suite)
- DEPOSIT: 10% of room category price required to secure cabin assignment
The exclusive group rates include the following services:
- Accommodations based on the allotted group block.
- Full board including: Early Riser (reduced breakfast buffet in the Panorama-Bar),Buffet Breakfast (includes omelette service), Lunch (Buffet or table service depending upon the itinerary),
- Light Lunch (served in the Panorama-Bar), Dinner (5 courses, 3 choices for main course), Coffee & tea, iced water with meals, midnight (late night) snack.
- (No refund for meals not taken onboard; full board service starts with dinner on embarkation day and ends with breakfast on disembarkation day)
- Music program every day in the bar by a pianist or by the Amadeus music group
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Farewell Dinner
- Experienced English speaking cruise director
- Free-flowing red & white regional wines, beer & soft drinks with lunch and dinner onboard.
- Complimentary WiFi
- 24-hour coffee station
- Bottled water in every stateroom
- Audio headsets for optional shore excursions
- All port charges and local taxes
Services not included in the group rate:
- Airfare & pre or post hotel reservations. We are happy to help with recommendations and reservations.
- Transfers and other ground arrangements to and from the ship
- Tips (we recommend USD 12.00 per person, per day)