Pickleball is Coming to AMADEUS River Cruising
Welcome On Board...
Classical Rhine | September 27 – October 4, 2020 -
8 day Exclusive cruise BASEL - AMSTERDAM aboard the AMADEUS Queen.
Discover the many beautiful facets of "Father Rhine" and play Pickleball, during this week-long cruise along one of the most important and attractive rivers of Europe. Delight in the panoramas including wine-lands, and the highest density of castles in the world. (909) 798-9133
Day 1 Basel Embarkation from 4:00 pm:
Welcome Cocktail and Welcome Dinner with Paul, Janice Ortiz & friends in the evening.
Day 2 Strasbourg City tour of Strasbourg in the morning “Alsace & Wine” excursion in the afternoon.
Day 3 Speyer - Speyer walking tour in the morning. Mannheim - Excursion to Heidelberg (by bus from/ to Mannheim.
Day 4 Rüdesheim - Rüdesheim walking tour with Music Museum. Scenic cruising through the Upper Middle Rhine valley. Koblenz walking tour in the afternoon.
Day 5 Koblenz to Cochem - Scenic cruising on the Moselle - Afternoon Cochem walking tour and wine tasting
Day 6 Cologne & "Pickleball play" - Captains Gala Dinner
Day 7 Hoorn - North Holland excursion and City tour of Amsterdam with canal trip (by bus from Hoorn/to Amsterdam).
Enjoy Leisure time/rejoin the ship.
Day 8 Amsterdam Disembarkation after breakfast.
**Excursions (above) marked in bold are not included in the cruise rate and are given as examples of sightseeing options available to pre-purchase at discounted rates and are listed at the bottom of this page.
Paul & Janice Ortiz - Paul is an International Certified IPTA Pickleball Instructor
All prices include:
- Roundtrip bus transfer from the ship (via scenic route / Cologne) to the pickleball court (inside court) in either the Cologne or Duesseldorf area
- Tour & Guide for a walk to the Cathedral in Cologne before the transfer for pickleball play
- Pickleball Fun-tournament with local pickleball players, organized by the German Pickleball Federation.
- Prize for the winners of the Tournament
- DEPOSIT: 10% of room category price required to secure cabin assignment
- EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNT: $150.00 PER PERSON OFF PRICES BELOW!
Category: C4 $2788.00 per person double occupancy
Category: C1 3134.00 per person double occupancy
Category: B4 $3573.00 per person double occupancy
Category: B1 $3851.00 per person double occupancy
Category: A1 $4197.00 per person double occupancy
Category: Mozart Suite: $4809.00 per person double occupancy
The exclusive group rates include the following services:
- Accommodations based on the allotted group block.
- Full board including: Early Riser (reduced breakfast buffet in the Panorama-Bar),Buffet Breakfast (includes omelette service), Lunch (Buffet or table service depending upon the itinerary),
Light Lunch (served in the Panorama-Bar), Dinner (5 courses, 3 choices for main course), Coffee & tea, iced water with meals, midnight (late night) snack.
(No refund for meals not taken onboard; full board service starts with dinner on embarkation day and ends with breakfast on disembarkation day)
- Music program every day in the bar by a pianist or by the Amadeus music group
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Farewell Dinner
- Experienced English speaking cruise director
- Free-flowing red & white regional wines, beer & soft drinks with lunch and dinner onboard.
- Complimentary WiFi
- 24-hour coffee station
- Bottled water in every stateroom
- Audio headsets for optional shore excursions
- All port charges and local taxes
Services not included in the group rate:
- Transfers and other ground arrangements
- Tips (we recommend USD 12.00 per person, per day)