Magical Switzerland (Winter 2019 2020)
- Geneva: You will be delighted with a delicious fondue dinner at the local restaurant, Le Petit Chalet, it's a real Swiss treat.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Departures travelling during Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve will enjoy festive Highlight Dinners which will replace an included meal.
Top Rated Highlights
- Christmas Markets: Lose yourself in the festive atmosphere of Christmas, where you can shop for local delicacies and try the heart-warming Glühwein. Explore on select departures.
- Winter Magic: Enjoy the majestic beauty, snowy peaks and crystal clear waters of the lakes.
- Lucerne: See the covered wooden bridges, Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- St. Moritz: Indulge in the glitz and glamour of the fashionable ski resort of the rich and famous.
- Glacier Express: Travel aboard the world famous Glacier Express for a spectacular ride through the heart of the Swiss Alps. From your panoramic viewing car, watch picturesque landscapes of ice-capped mountains and stone-built villages glide by.
- Zermatt: Board the cogwheel train which takes you to the traffic-free haven of Zermatt at the foot of the Matterhorn.
- Montreux: Enjoy time to stroll along the lakeside promenade.
- Chillon Castle: With a Local Expert, visit beautiful Chillon Castle, an architectural jewel set on the shores of Lake Geneva. At this former home of the Dukes of Savoy, go back through time and hear how in 1816, the castle inspired Lord Byron to write the poem ‘The Prisoner of Chillon’ following his walk through the dungeons.
- Geneva: See Jet d’Eau, United Nations Building and Reformation Monument.
- Scenic Drives: Marvel at the the winter wonderland of passing landscapes as you travel through the Walensee and Grisons regions, through the Rhône Valley and along Lake Geneva.