Country Roads of Italy (Summer 2017)
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Rome: Enjoy a private guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Sorrento: Join in the Italian social ritual of ‘La Passeggiata'. and witness the ‘Intarsio' demonstration.
- Orvieto: Visit Piazza del Duomo to admire the Cathedral.
- Assisi: Walk through the cobbled streets to St. Clare's church. Visit St. Mary of the Angels.
- Perugia: See the Priors' Palace and Collegio del Cambio.
- Siena: Visit the Campo Square, fountain and Cathedral.
- San Gimignano: Visit the medieval Manhattan of Italy!
- Radda in Chianti: Visit the walled wine village.
- Florence: See the Cathedral, belltower, ‘Gates of Paradise' and Signoria Square. Witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Verona: See the ancient Roman Arena and visit the courtyard of the Capulet home to see Juliet's balcony.
- Venice: Cruise to St. Mark's Square by private launch. See St. Mark's Basilica, bell tower, clock tower, Doges' Palace and Bridge of Sighs. Witness hand made Venetian glass-blowing
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Orvieto: At a restaurant in the medieval heart of Orvieto, explore the art of Italian cooking with Chef Lorenzo and master the art of making fresh pasta by hand. This is followed by dinner and a glass of Orvieto Classico wine.
- San Gimignano: Enjoy a tasting with award-winning, master gelato maker Sergio Dondoli.
- Radda: Learn what to look for in a quality vino rosso and what foods to pair them with when ordering Florentine cuisine.
- Lucca: At a traditional steam bakery, sample Lucca's famous anise bread.
- Modena: Visit a producer of authentic balsamic vinegar to learn about its production, history and distinctive taste.
- Parma: Witness the cheese making and aging process of Parmigiano-Reggiano at an authentic dairy farm.
- Venice: Enjoy a Venetian Celebration Dinner with wine in a traditional restaurant.
- 14 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 1 Signature Evening (SE), 2 three-course table d’hôte Dinners (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Rome: Gain VIP access to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Be among the select few to admire the Bramante Staircase, a dizzying spiral of carved stone.
- Rome: Sightsee the local way with a leisurely passeggiata through the backstreets, where a friend in Rome will explain how modern life takes place around ancient treasures.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Isle of Capri: Cruise to this famous isle to meet your Local Expert. In unique style, ascend by open-top taxi and return to the port by funicular.
- Positano: Drive along the Amalfi Coast to visit this colourful town.
- Assisi: Find out why the Basilica of Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Perugia: Visit a workshop to learn about the art of hand-weaving textiles.
- Cinque Terre: Travel by train and boat to enjoy time in one of the five charming fishing villages.
- Maranello: A mecca for car enthusiasts, visit the Museo Ferrari, dedicated to the famed Italian marque.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you are serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola, past water-lapped doorways and Rococo palaces.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Rome: The elegant 4 star Veneto Palace hotel, is located in one of the most elegant parts of the historical centre.
- Lucca: Set in a private park, the 4-star Villa La Principessa is an elegant hotel with warmly-decorated interiors and offers a relaxed atmosphere.
- Venice: The Hilton Molino Stucky is located in a magnificently restored 19th century granary on Giudecca Island, only minutes away from St. Mark's Square by boat. Amenities include a rooftop pool, spa and wellness centre and five different restaurants and bars. Enjoy excellent views from the roof bar.